OHSAS 18001 Certification
The OHSAS 18001 standard deals with occupational health and safety. It is applicable to all businesses.
Certification to OHSAS 18001 results in optimal performance of an organisation’s health and safety system by addressing issues such as injury prevention and defining clear employee responsibilities.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 certification:
- improves the management of occupational health and safety
- assists with compliance with all legal requirements
- increased health protection of employees
- helps prevent accidents and random events
- reduces costs associated with injuries
- creates a responsible corporate status
Certified organisations can include URS and UKAS logos in their promotional activities.
The implementation of the three standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001) in our business has given us a different perspective on how our operations are structured. Abbeywater have found the standards very helpful in identifying risks within our business which needed to be addressed. We see the three standards as being core to our future growth.
- Abbeywater (a Goldcrest Company), Shannon, Co. Clare, Ireland (Client Testimonial)