IATF 16949 Certification
TS 16949, an automotive sector standard, developed by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) from ISO 9001. TS 16949 is the standard of choice for the automotive sector. Its focus is on defect prevention for products and services in the automotive trade: we help our clients strive towards a zero defect culture.
TS 16949, deals with the automotive supply-chain, including design and development, manufacturing, assembling, servicing and installation activities. Once again, the focus is risk management in the automotive supply-chain. The standard is applicable to the organizations involved in fabricating, material production, parts assembling, heat treating, welding, painting, plating, vacuum-forming, blow molding, gasket manufacture and etching and other finishing services that fall under automotive sector.
Manufacturers and service providers to the automotive trade are obliged to take a process-based, risk managed approach to implementing the requirements of TS 16949.
Benefits of ISO/TS 16949 certification:
- Production efficiency is increased.
- Threats to the automotive products and services you supply are known and controlled.
- Error rates and defects are decreased.
- Production quality for the automotive industry is increased.
- Financial losses through warranty claims etc. are reduced.
- IATF certificate validity check available for each registered organization.
- Enables a company to register as an automotive supplier.
- Automotive supplier reputation enhanced.
Benefits of IATF Registration:
- Improved product and process quality
- Additional confidence for global sourcing
- Reassignment of supplier resources to quality improvement
- Common quality system approach in the supply chain for supplier/sub-contractor development and consistency
- Reduction in multiple 3rd party registrations
How URS Certification Ireland will help you?
- Registration with URS Certification Ireland will allow the organization to prove ability to supply the automotive trade through third party assessment.
- United Registrar of Systems (Holdings) Limited operate in more than 30 countries.
- United Registrar of Systems (Holdings) Limited provide UKAS accredited certification
- United Registrar of Systems (Holdings) Limited is approved by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) to certify suppliers to ISO/TS 16949.
- United Registrar of Systems (Holdings) Limited is a significant player in the ISO/TS certification market and this is demonstrated by URS being in the TOP FIVE worldwide registrars in terms of ISO/TS certified clients and in some cases the number 1 provider.
Check us out here.