ISO 22000 ensures food safety requirements are met and addresses each link in the food processing chain. ISO 22000 integrates principles of the system of hazard analysis and critical control points (HACCP).
Through controllable requirements, it connects the HACCP plan with necessary prerequisite programs (that is, best production practices with the creation of an efficient system). This leads to the elimination of potential risks.
Benefits of ISO 22000 certification:
- provides comprehensive and efficient control of food health and safety
- minimizes the occurrence of low-quality and health-risk foods
- increases food safety in the entire food industry chain
- provides a food safety audit by an independent third party
- increases trust by the public, industry and the public sector.
Certified organisations can include URS and UKAS logos in their promotional activities